Just a quick, throwaway pass. Honestly, dedicating too much analysis to this bullshit after a year is perilously close to the disease itself. I invite my readers to contribute to this list in a similar vein.
1. There certainly are a lot of credulous, infantilized dipshits eager for cheesy, dull spectacles of resistance mediated entirely by elites.
2. There is no limit to how many ways ‘The NSA Collects Phone and Internet Data in Bulk” can be made to seem new and important by careerist brownnosers on the internet.
3. Any vain journalist can be bribed with just the slim possibility of a dream job.
4. A whistleblower and his anointed journalists can smear Chelsea Manning repeatedly and no one will give a shit, not even Wikileaks.
5. Left journalists would tweet a Vine of themselves eating poo if it would yield a job with a neoliberal fanatic implicated in spreading neofascism.
6. Ignorant, Infantilized, Libertarian-Liberal Mutant Freak is the new Left.
7. Libertarians love Greenwald and Snowden the hardest.
8. Glenn Greenwald is entirely bereft of anything a healthy person would consider a quality, apart from a fondness for stray dogs.
9. Striking at the heart of empire has certainly changed since the days when Gary Webb didn’t get a Pulitzer or Polk or a movie deal or a hagiography in the New York Times or lengthy interviews on prime time television, but was instead betrayed, smeared, ostracized and finally killed by two bullets in his brain.
10. Engaging with The Spectacle and Spectacle enthusiasts is a road to certain ruin.
A lefty journalist eats his poo. Good old Charlie Davis, always there with the five-year-old Mark Ames article when a toxic billionaire needs a hand. I guess noting the timing here makes me misogynist. But then Charlie is clearly a neofascist. So we’re even. Funny how it never occurs to Charlie to be the Omidyar critic he wants to see in the world. #problematic